1. All offers and bookings are subject to availability.
The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and must be authorised to make the booking in line with these Terms & Conditions by all other members of the holiday party.
The party leader is responsible for making all payments due, and for ensuring that all members of the group are fully aware of the Terms of Conditions of their booking.
Your booking is made as a consumer.
When you receive your confirmation, the details must be checked carefully. We will provide you with written confirmation of your booking details either by post or electronically by email. If anything is not correct, you must notify us immediately.
2. Payments should be made via bank transfer. Alternatively, payments may be made cheque payable to ‘G&A McBain’.
A deposit of 25% of your total fee will be required to secure your booking; this is non-refundable. The remaining cost should be paid no later than six weeks prior to your arrival date.
If you book less than 42 days (six weeks) before your arrival date, payment of your total holiday cost will be required straight away, to confirm your stay.
3. If you cancel your booking you must confirm your cancellation in writing, by recorded delivery to us at Vicarage Farm (address below).
Cancellations will result in a charge being made; charges are calculated as follows:
|More than 42 days prior to arrival date||Full deposit amount|
|29-42 days prior to arrival date||50% of rental cost|
|15-28 days prior to arrival date||75% of rental cost|
|1-14 days prior to arrival date||90% of rental cost|
|On arrival date or later||Full rental cost|
4. In the extremely unlikely event that we have to significantly amend or cancel your booking, we would offer a refund of costs incurred to that point if and as appropriate.
5. You can arrive at your property any time after 3pm on the agreed date of arrival. Cottages and rooms must be vacated by 10am on the date of departure. We ask that you inform us of your expected time of arrival.
6. All members of your party agree to leave the property clean and tidy. You are responsible for the actual costs of any breakages or damage in or to the property and contents, along with any additional costs that may result.
7. Three of our cottages – Prince’s Seat, Miller’s View and Verger’s End – and all gardens and grounds around them are pet free. Assistance dogs are welcome in Hope Cross accessible cottage by prior arrangement only and must be on a lead outdoors as the garden borders a field with livestock. Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottage.
8. As we are in a farming community it is not possible to allow fireworks in the properties or grounds, due to risk to livestock and animals nearby.
9. The contract between you and Vicarage Farm Holiday Cottages is subject to English law and no other and is formed in Derbyshire, England.
It is agreed that any dispute will be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales only.
Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected by anything contained within these conditions.
Gordon & Ann McBain, Vicarage Farm, Wheston, Nr Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 8JA
Please note, payment of your deposit confirms that you have read and agreed to these Terms & Conditions